Saturday, September 6, 2014

Birds on the North Sea

These are some birds I have seen on the North Sea during a short stop. Unfortunately it was low tide, the birds were widely distributed on large mudflats and the light was against the sun. But there are many species, which are rarely to see in the midland. 
The North Sea at low tide.
The North Sea near Meldorf.

Most common were Ruddy Turnstones and Oystercatchers, from many other species, Redshanks and Curlew Sandpipers were in range of my camera.

Oystercatcher
Oystercatchers.

Oystercatcher

Redshank  on the North Sea
A Redshank.

Ruddy Turnstone
Ruddy Turnstone.

Ruddy Turnstone

Ruddy Turnstone on a tidal flat

Curlew Sandpipers on the North Sea
Curlew Sandpipers.


Linked with Wild Bird Wednesday, Viewing Nature with Eileen and I'D Rather B Birdin'.

20 comments:

  1. I love to walk in warm sands while sandpipers scurry about. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful crisp detail. Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those Turnstones. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shorebirds. I don't often walk where I get to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are wonderful captures of wonderful birds I have never seen before. They do love the sea and its bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shorbirds, looks like home for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only READ about the curlew sandpiper. I'm green with envy.

    Love the effect of the low tide with your photo shares.

    thanks for sharing your link this weekend at I'd Rather B Birdin'! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice variety for you to see and share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shorebirds even if they were a long way off. I see Ruddy Turnstones around here occasionally but they are very hard to get close to! Your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw an Oyster-catcher once. A striking bird. I may have seen the others but did not know it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the oystercatchers! Great variety of shorebirds! Thank you for linking up, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I disagree, I think it was very fortunate to be there at low tide. That's the best time to bird. You got some great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed the experience as you did! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a wonderful place to go birding... great images.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are so sweet and seem to be enjoying themselves as they scurry for food~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment and the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...