Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Great Egret Party

I saw this flock of Great Egrets on a lake of a carp aquaculture in my area in southern Germany. First, I thought I disturbed them.

Flying Great Egrets

Flock of Great Egrets

Flock of Great Egrets starting to fly

But they flew to a resting tree, about 100 meters apart.

Flying Great Egrets

Flying Great Egrets

And had a lot of things to organize there.

Great Egrets on a resting tree

Great Egrets on a tree

There were also three Grey Herons, one was flown away with the Great Egrets, the other two were starting later.

Grey Herons on a lake

And chose a tree opposite to the Egret colonie.

Two Grey Herons on a tree

One tried to find connection to some White Storks near the lake.

A group of White Storks and a Grey Heron

Linked with Viewing Nature with Eileen, Wild Bird Wednesday and I'D Rather B Birdin'.

20 comments:

  1. I love to watch the birds in flight !Your photos are excellent and show the true beauty of these magnificent birds !
    Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome shots of their flight.. The Egrets are beautiful as are your photos.. Just lovely.. Thank you for linking up, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice birds in flight, excellent photos spread those beautiful pure white delicacy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfull serie fotos,Greeting from Belgium.

    * http://retriever-louisettesblogs.blogspot.com/2014/09/costumes-de-legendes-20-ans-de-creation.html
    Honors costumes Opera with the textiles museum of Lyon

    * http://louisette.eklablog.com/-p842116
    Mons in Belgium My city

    ReplyDelete
  5. how beautiful to see so many at once!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful birds all of them. How wonderful to see so many at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificent birds. Great flight shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picks!

    I'm sure the egrets were saying, "Go get your own tree, herons!"
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my....a perfect day for watching birds I can only imagine!!! Stunning image shares. And I loved reading your commentary also.

    Thank you for sharing your link this weekend at I'd Rather B Birdin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! I have seen egrets before, but never in a big flock like this. They are majestic! Great shots, Christian!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Golly....those first few shots are breathtaking! Wow....my favorite of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great in flight photos. Thank you for visiting my Roseate Spoonbill.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did not realise the egret is bigger than the storks. Love the egrets in flight. Where in Germany do you have this wealth of birds?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos! Those first shots are like a poem or bar of music in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots. Those lovely white wings are just stunning. I enjoyed seeing all the different birds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment and the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...