Saturday, May 10, 2014

Birds on the Kauerlacher Weiher

The Kauerlacher Weiher is a bird sanctuary in southern Germany and always good for a visit. During migration it is a resting place for many birds from northern Europe. These are a few impressions from a visit in the last week.

Common Reed Bunting
Common Reed Bunting in a tree.

Common Ringed Plover
Common Ringed Plover.

Common Ringed Plovers
 Pair of Common Ringed Plovers.

Eurasian Reed Warbler
Singing Reed Warbler.

Eurasian Reed Warbler in the reed
He was full of energy and singing for an hour on the same place.  

Northern Lapwing
Northern Lapwing

Ruddy Shelduck
A Ruddy Shelduck, there were more but I saw only this one.

Wood Sandpiper
A single Wood Sandpiper.

18 comments:

  1. Lovely variety of birds. I love the cute Plovers and the Lapwing. The Reed Bunting is beautiful. wonderful photos.. Thank you for linking up to my critter party. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful birds! I saw a lot of lapwings on our drive to Lappeenranta during Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must be a wonderful place to see birds. This is a marvelous series. I've always been fond of water birds -- they are so much fun to watch. But I think the winner of this series is the wonderful singing warbler! Happy Critter Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great variety of birds. I like the reed warbler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous....love 'em all!!! Thanks for sharing your link at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like the Reed Bunting. Nice collection of shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, what a pleasant place to watch those birds, my favourite is the Reed Bunting, superb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely selection of shots for this meme today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing these! A pleasure to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very good shot of the Reed Bunting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great captures!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that little warbler singing his heart out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice variety; some I will never see

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blog and beautiful photos!
    You are very good photographer :))
    I inivite you on my blog:

    mojeptaki.blog.onet.pl

    ReplyDelete
  15. WoW, what a beautiful varity of birds!! that reed warbler did not make it easy for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment and the visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...